Woolly Mammoth In Trouble
by Dawn Bentley
Illustrated by Karen Carr
It's the Ice Age and Woolly Mammoth is at home on the cold, windy plains of Europe. As a storm comes and heavy snow falls, Woolly Mammoth realizes he is lost. A pack of Saber-Tooth Tigers catches sight of Woolly Mammoth. Can he find his way out of this trouble and back to his herd?
Join Woolly Mammoth on a prehistoric adventure as Soundprints and the Smithsonian Institution recreate a bygone world and give you a glimpse into the life of this incredible creature. Beautiful graphics and powerful sound effects make you feel like the exciting adventures of the prehistoric age are happening right outside your door! This title has been carefully reviewed by paleontologists at the Smithsonian Institution and provides fascinating information about the prehistoric world.
New features only available in this interactive omBook include professional narration, background audio and enlarged artwork for each scene.
To promote reading in young children, individual words are highlighted as the story is read and words zoom up when pictures are touched. By combining the original text and artwork with features that educate, entertain and promote reading, this omBook appeals to readers of all ages.
Recommended Ages: 3 - 8
SPECIAL iOS FEATURES:
- ★ Record your own voice
- ★ Share voice tracks with others that own this app
- ★ Page selector
- ★ Retina main menu
- ★ New options for sound effects, hot spots and alerts
- ★ Three ways to read: "Read to Me," "Read it Myself," and "Auto Play"
- ★ Picture / Word association — words zoom up and are spoken when pictures are touched
- ★ Individual words highlight and are read aloud when tapped
- ★ Professional audio narration and custom background audio for each scene
- ★ Pages pan & zoom to accentuate the beautiful, original artwork
- ★ This 'Universal App' is optimized for Retina displays and the iPad
Listen to a sample:
Other Smithsonian apps:
- omBooks (digital book apps)
- Alligator at Saw Grass Road - Smithsonian’s Backyard
- It's Tyrannosaurus Rex - Smithsonian's Prehistoric Pals
- Ladybug at Orchard Avenue - Smithsonian’s Backyard
- Otter on His Own - Smithsonian Oceanic Collection
- Penguin's Family - Smithsonian Oceanic Collection
- Polar Bear Horizon - Smithsonian Oceanic Collection
- Red Fox at Hickory Lane - Smithsonian’s Backyard
- Triceratops Gets Lost - Smithsonian's Prehistoric Pals
Official Soundprints licensed app: www.soundprints.com