Tacky Goes to Camp
by Helen Lester
Tacky and his fellow penguins are off to summer camp in Nice Icy Land to enjoy themselves while Rock Hopping, Line Dancing, and playing Capture the Ice Cube. One night, they gather around the campfire to sing, eat s'mores, and tell scary stories. But after going to bed, something straight out of one of their scary stories pays the sleeping penguins a visit. Goodly, Lovely, Angel, Neatly, and Perfect think they should high-tail it out of there, but Tacky has some ideas of his own.
New features only available in this interactive omBook include professional narration, background audio and enlarged artwork for each scene.
To promote reading in young children, individual words are highlighted as the story is read and words zoom up when pictures are touched. By combining the original text and artwork with features that entertain and promote reading, this omBook appeals to readers of all ages.
Recommended Ages: 4 - 8
Three ways to read this omBook:
- ★ "Read to Me" — listen to the narrated story with words highlighted as they are read
- ★ "Read it Myself" — read the book in its traditional form
- ★ "Auto Play" — plays like a movie, automatically reading and turning pages. Great for younger children!
- ★ Picture / Word association — words zoom up and are spoken when pictures are touched
- ★ Professional audio narration
- ★ Custom background audio for each scene
- ★ Pages pan & zoom to accentuate the beautiful, original artwork
- ★ This 'Universal App' is optimized for Retina displays and the iPad
Listen to a sample:
Other Tacky the Penguin apps:
- omBooks (digital book apps)
- Tacky and the Emperor
- Tacky and the Winter Games
- Tacky the Penguin - FREE
- Tacky the Penguin
- Tacky’s Christmas
Official Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company licensed app.