Polar Bear Horizon
by Janet Halfmann
Illustrated by Adrian Chesterman
It's early spring at the top of the world and snow stretches to the horizon and beyond. Polar Bear and her two cubs are growing hungry after spending the cold winter months in their den. When they emerge, Polar Bear checks for danger and waits for the cubs to acclimate to the ice. Learn about their long and dangerous journey to sea as this arctic adventure unfolds. How will Polar Bear find food and protect her hungry cubs?
Reviewed by the Smithsonian Institution for accuracy, Polar Bear Horizon is a fun and informative story with beautifully detailed illustrations. This omBook also includes a glossary and polar bear fact section.
New features only available in this interactive omBook include professional narration, background audio and enlarged artwork for each scene.
To promote reading in young children, individual words are highlighted as the story is read and words zoom up when pictures are touched. By combining the original text and artwork with features that educate, entertain and promote reading, this omBook appeals to readers of all ages.
Recommended Ages: 3 - 8
SPECIAL iOS FEATURES:
- ★ Record your own voice
- ★ Share voice tracks with others that own this app
- ★ Page selector
- ★ Retina main menu
- ★ New options for sound effects, hot spots and alerts
- ★ Three ways to read: "Read to Me," "Read it Myself," and "Auto Play"
- ★ Picture / Word association — words zoom up and are spoken when pictures are touched
- ★ Individual words highlight and are read aloud when tapped
- ★ Professional audio narration and custom background audio for each scene
- ★ Pages pan & zoom to accentuate the beautiful, original artwork
- ★ This 'Universal App' is optimized for Retina displays and the iPad
Listen to a sample:
Other Smithsonian apps:
- omBooks (digital book apps)
- Alligator at Saw Grass Road - Smithsonian’s Backyard
- It's Tyrannosaurus Rex - Smithsonian's Prehistoric Pals
- Ladybug at Orchard Avenue - Smithsonian’s Backyard
- Otter on His Own - Smithsonian Oceanic Collection
- Penguin's Family - Smithsonian Oceanic Collection
- Red Fox at Hickory Lane - Smithsonian’s Backyard
- Triceratops Gets Lost - Smithsonian's Prehistoric Pals
- Woolly Mammoth In Trouble - Smithsonian’s Prehistoric Pals
Official Soundprints licensed app: www.soundprints.com