There's No Place Like Space!: All About Our Solar System
By Tish Rabe
There's No Place Like Space! kicks off an exciting new series of animated omBooks from The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library. Children can follow along as the Cat in the Hat takes Sally and Dick on a trip though the solar system, visiting each planet and learning fun facts along the way.
As children explore this animated omBook, they will discover special interactive learning moments that reinforce specific topics. Users can tap stars in the sky to reveal constellations; learn the order of the planets in our solar system through a Seussian mnemonic device; search the night sky for planets using a telescope; find hidden information cards from Thing One and Thing Two; and even access an instant glossary by tapping on special highlighted words.
What kids are saying:
"My favorite part was when I looked through the telescope. I also liked it when it gave me a warning not to look at the sun.” (7 year-old boy)
“It was cool! I liked that it reads to you and explains all the stuff.” (10 year-old girl –English Language Learner)
Aimed at children ages five to eight, The Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library is a nonfiction series that appeals to children’s natural curiosity and engages them in the process of scientific exploration and discovery. The titles explore a range of subjects, including dinosaurs, pets, marine life, trees and outer space and feature classic characters from the original The Cat in the Hat — The Cat, Sally, Dick, Thing One and Thing Two, and even the fish!
New features introduced in this omBook include animated objects, an instant glossary and interactive learning games. To promote reading in young children, individual words are highlighted as the story is read and words zoom up when pictures are touched. By combining the original text and artwork with features that educate, entertain and promote reading, this omBook appeals to readers of all ages.
Recommended ages: 5 - 10
Two ways to read this omBook (Oceanhouse Media digital book):
- ★ "Read to Me" — listen to the narrated story with words highlighted as they are read. still allowing you to explore the interactiveness.
- ★ "Read it Myself" — read the book in its traditional form and explore the interactive qualities
- ★ Picture / Word association — words zoom up and are spoken when pictures are touched
- ★ Tap on glossary words throughout the story and learn their meaning
- ★ Interact with the animated objects on each page
- ★ Professional audio narration
- ★ Custom background audio for each scene
- ★ Pages pan & zoom to accentuate the original artwork
- ★ This 'Universal App' is optimized for Retina displays and the iPad
Listen to a sample:
Other Dr. Seuss Learning Library apps:
- omBooks (digital book apps)
- A Whale of a Tale!: All About Porpoises, Dolphins, and Whales
- Ice Is Nice!: All About the North and South Poles
- Oh Say Can You Say Di-no-saur? - All About Dinosaurs
- Oh, the Pets You Can Get!: All About Our Animal Friends
- On Beyond Bugs: All About Insects
Other Dr. Seuss apps:
- Dr. Seuss Bookshelf - FREE
- omBooks (digital book apps)
- And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street
- Bartholomew and the Oobleck
- Daisy-Head Mayzie
- Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?
- Dr. Seuss Beginner Book Collection #1
- Dr. Seuss Beginner Book Collection #2
- Dr. Seuss's ABC - LITE - FREE
- Dr. Seuss's ABC
- Dr. Seuss’s Short Story Collection
- Dr. Seuss’s Sleep Book
- Fox In Socks
- Gertrude McFuzz
- Green Eggs and Ham - LITE - FREE
- Green Eggs and Ham
- Happy Birthday to You!
- Hop on Pop
- Horton Hatches the Egg
- Horton Hears a Who!
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas!
- Hunches in Bunches
- I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today! And Other Stories
- I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
- I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew
- If I Ran the Circus
- If I Ran the Zoo
- Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!
- McElligot’s Pool
- Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
- Oh Say Can You Say?
- Oh, the Places You'll Go!
- Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!
- On Beyond Zebra!
- One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
- Scrambled Eggs Super!
- The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins
- The Big Brag
- The Bippolo Seed and Other Lost Stories
- The Butter Battle Book
- The Cat In The Hat - LITE - FREE
- The Cat In The Hat Comes Back
- The Cat In The Hat
- The FOOT Book
- The King’s Stilts
- The Lorax
- The Shape of Me and Other Stuff
- The Sneetches
- There’s a Wocket in My Pocket!
- Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose
- What was I Scared of?
- Yertle the Turtle
- You're Only Old Once
- Dr. Seuss Camera - Happy Birthday Edition - FREE
- Dr. Seuss Camera - The Cat in the Hat Edition
- Dr. Seuss Camera - The Grinch Edition
- Card Decks
- Dr. Seuss Senders
- Dr. Seuss Band
- Lorax Garden
- Up With A Fish!
Official Dr. Seuss licensed iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch App.
Dr. Seuss Properties ™ & © 2011 Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P., All rights reserved.
Official Random House licensed app: www.randomhouse.com/kids