Leo the Lightning Bug
by Eric Drachman
"'Leo. Leo! Even my name is small!' cried Leo
'Oh no, Leo, not at all.’ explained his mother. 'Leo' means 'Lion'. Inside, you’re as big and brave as a lion!' and as she said this, her lightning bug light lit up brightly."
Children will identify with Leo and grasp the importance of believing in themselves as they follow Leo’s adventure to make his very own light. The other lightning bugs tease him, but with determination, motherly support, and a little luck, Leo eventually lights up in the night. Transformed by his newfound confidence, he now laughs at himself, plays with the others, and enjoys a good night’s sleep!
New features only available in this omBook include professional narration, background audio and enlarged artwork for each scene.
To promote reading in young children, individual words are highlighted as the story is read. By combining the original text and artwork of the book with features that entertain and promote reading, this omBook appeals to readers of all ages.
Praise for Leo the Lightning Bug:
- #2 L.A. Times Children’s Bestseller List
- Benjamin Franklin Award Winner — Best Children's Book
- ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Award— Honorable Mention
- Book Sense 76 Children’s Pick
Recommended Ages: 3 - 7
Three ways to read this omBook:
- ★ "Read to Me" — listen to the narrated story with words highlighted as they are read
- ★ "Read it Myself" — read the book in its traditional form
- ★ "Auto Play" — plays like a movie, automatically reading and turning pages. Great for younger children!
- ★ Find hidden sounds by tapping within the pictures
- ★ Professional audio narration
- ★ Custom background audio for each scene
- ★ Pages pan & zoom to accentuate the colorful, original art
- ★ This 'Universal App' is optimized for Retina displays and the iPad
Listen to a sample:
Other Kidwick Books apps:
Official Kidwick books licensed app: www.kidwick.com