How I Became a Pirate
by Melinda Long, illustrated by David Shannon
*** Over 75% off the list price of the hardcover book ***
- New York Times & Los Angeles Times Bestseller
- Book Sense Book of the Year Award: Children's Illustrated
- School Library Journal Best Book of the Year
Join young Jeremy Jacobs in this interactive book app as he becomes a pirate on Braid Beard’s ship! Explore pictures, learn new vocabulary, and personalize the story with your own narration. Jeremy learns all about being a pirate- from buried treasure, sea chanteys, and pirate talk, but soon finds out what pirate don’t do- no tucking kids in and no bedtime stories! Will Jeremy remain a pirate or will he return home in time for soccer practice?
- ENCOURAGE literacy skills with highlighted narration
- LEARN new vocabulary with tappable words and pictures
- INTERACT with interactive diagrams, glossary words and more!
- RECORD your own narration & share it with others
- KEEP kids in the story with parental controls
Designed for children ages 5-8
Listen to a sample:
Official Houghton Mifflin Harcourt licensed app: www.hmhco.com