Elmer and Rose
by David McKee
Join Elmer and his new friend Rose, in an uplifting story that questions what it really means to be unique. When Grandpa Eldo asks Elmer and his cousin Wilbur to help a young elephant find her way back to her herd, they get a big shock when they see she is pink! No wonder she is called Rose. As they help Rose find her herd, Elmer and Wilbur learn a valuable lesson about being different and fitting in.
"A young friend of Elmer's named Rose
Blushes from her head to her toes,
Or sometimes instead from her toes to her head
But never from her tail to her nose."
New features only available in this interactive omBook include professional narration, background audio and enlarged artwork for each scene.
To promote reading in young children, individual words are highlighted as the story is read and words zoom up when pictures are touched. By combining the original text and artwork of author David McKee with features that entertain and promote reading, this omBook appeals to readers of all ages.
Recommended Ages: 3 - 8
Three ways to read this omBook:
- ★ "Read to Me" — listen to the narrated story with words highlighted as they are read
- ★ "Read it Myself" — read the book in its traditional form
- ★ "Auto Play" — plays like a movie, automatically reading and turning pages. Great for younger children!
- ★ Picture / Word association — words zoom up and are spoken when pictures are touched
- ★ Professional audio narration
- ★ Custom background audio for each scene
- ★ Pages pan & zoom to accentuate the beautiful artwork of David McKee
- ★ This 'Universal App' is optimized for Retina displays and the iPad
Listen to a sample:
Other Elmer the Patchwork Elephant apps:
Official Andersen Press licensed App: www.andersenpress.co.uk