The Bohemian Gothic Tarot
by Alex Ukolov & Karen Mahony
Daemons, Phantoms, Vampires and Werewolves haunt this darkly Gothic deck. With illustrations based on original Victorian photographs, the cards have extraordinary atmosphere and a haunting beauty. All 79-cards are fully illustrated and based on ‘RWS’ established tarot meanings. Includes clear instructions with keywords.
This is a deck with which to explore the shadow sides of life; the wisdom and truth that may lie in nightmare, dark imagination and the fear of the supernatural. It’s a deck with many levels, not all of which reveal themselves immediately, so it’s best to get to know the cards over time. When you first use The Bohemian Gothic Tarot, I think you’ll find it richly evocative, fun, surprising and, in places, unsettling. As you work further with the deck, the images will begin to offer deeper insights and perceptions about the darker, hidden workings of the subconscious, and the power that horror has to both frighten and attract us.
With this Oracle Cards app you can:
- Give haunting readings anywhere, anytime on your iOS device
- Choose between 1-card, 3-card, 5-card, The Prague “Threshold” spreads, plus two spreads designed specifically for use with The Bohemian Gothic Tarot
- Save and load your readings for review at any time
- E-mail readings to friends
- Flip cards over to read the full meaning of each card
- Review the entire deck of 79 beautiful cards in Browse mode
About the Authors
Alex Ukolov is a Russian artist and designer with a growing international reputation for his extraordinarily evocative illustrative style.
Karen Mahony is an Irish designer who ran her own agency in London and has taught at many art schools including the Royal College of Art. She founded Baba Studio with Alex Ukolov in 2002. Their work continuously appears in design and New Age publications in the US and Europe.
Official Magic Realist licensed app: www.magic-realist.com