Alligator at Saw Grass Road
by Janet Halfmann
Illustrated by Lori Anzalone
"Alligator at Saw Grass Road" takes children on an exciting adventure through the dangerous life of an alligator and her young. While Alligator is hunting for food, a red-bellied turtle climbs into the nest to lay eggs. Will Alligator discover the turtle eggs?
Reviewed by the Smithsonian institute for accuracy, Smithsonian's backyard is a series that answers the many questions children have about the habits and habitats of the animals in our own backyards.
To promote reading in young children, individual words are highlighted as the story is read and words zoom up when pictures are touched. By combining the original text and artwork with features that educate, entertain and promote reading, this omBook appeals to readers of all ages.
Recommended Ages: 3 - 8
SPECIAL iOS FEATURES:
- ★ Record your own voice
- ★ Share voice tracks with others that own this app
- ★ Page selector
- ★ Retina main menu
- ★ New options for sound effects, hot spots and alerts
- ★ Three ways to read: "Read to Me," "Read it Myself," and "Auto Play"
- ★ Picture / Word association — words zoom up and are spoken when pictures are touched
- ★ Individual words highlight and are read aloud when tapped
- ★ Professional audio narration and custom background audio for each scene
- ★ Pages pan & zoom to accentuate the beautiful, original artwork
- ★ This 'Universal App' is optimized for Retina displays and the iPad
Listen to a sample:
Other Smithsonian apps:
- omBooks (digital book apps)
- It's Tyrannosaurus Rex - Smithsonian's Prehistoric Pals
- Ladybug at Orchard Avenue - Smithsonian’s Backyard
- Otter on His Own - Smithsonian Oceanic Collection
- Penguin's Family - Smithsonian Oceanic Collection
- Polar Bear Horizon - Smithsonian Oceanic Collection
- Red Fox at Hickory Lane - Smithsonian’s Backyard
- Triceratops Gets Lost - Smithsonian's Prehistoric Pals
- Woolly Mammoth In Trouble - Smithsonian’s Prehistoric Pals
Official Soundprints licensed app: www.soundprints.com