“And what happened then . . . ?
Well . . . in Who-ville they say
That the Grinch’s small heart
Grew three sizes that day!”
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. Seuss
Generations of families have witnessed The Grinch transform himself into a warm, lovable character with a caring heart. Reading this classic tale has been a family tradition for decades. Now this holiday season not only can you read the book but you can read the digital version of this classic story and share your narration with loved ones far away in the newly updated How the Grinch Stole Christmas! digital book app featuring our “Record and Share” technology.
Oceanhouse Media has been working with Dr. Seuss’s The Grinch since December 2009 when we partnered with Dr. Seuss Enterprises and developed three separate apps. We adapted the holiday classic book into a digital book app with three reading options and simple navigation tools for even the youngest of readers to enjoy all at the touch of a screen. We developed Dr. Seuss Camera – The Grinch Edition, a zany camera app where you create whimsical Grinchmas cards. Plus, we also created Grinchmas!, a fun snowball and present-throwing game which went to #8 on Apple’s Top-Paid app charts in just a few weeks. Since then we’ve partnered with Dr. Seuss Enterprises to release digital book apps for more than 30 Dr. Seuss titles. . . and counting.
How well do you know The Grinch? Test your knowledge with these fun facts!
- The book was published in the same year as the classic The Cat in the Hat (1957). Oceanhouse Media launched the digital version of The Cat in the Hat to critical acclaim just two months after releasing How the Grinch Stole Christmas! digital book app. Both have been runaway hits, ranking among the best-selling apps in the Books category on the App Store.
- In the original book, How The Grinch Stole Christmas! contains only three colors (black, white and red) and yet the delightful images have created a colorful holiday memory for more than 50 years! Our digital book app reflects this same classic color scheme staying true to the original words and illustrations of Dr. Seuss and enhanced with professional narration, custom sound effects, synchronized word highlighting, picture/word association and record and share technology.
- Dr. Seuss modeled The Grinch after himself. He told Redbook magazine that “I was brushing my teeth on the morning of the 26th of last December (1956) when I noted a very Grinch-ish countenance in the mirror. It was Seuss! So I wrote the story about my sour friend—the Grinch—to see if I could rediscover something about Christmas that obviously I’d lost.”
- Dr. Seuss was 53 years old when the book was published, the same age as The Grinch (“Why, for fifty-three years I’ve put up with it now! I MUST stop this Christmas from coming! . . . But HOW?”).
So now that you know a little more about The Grinch, why not record and share your own take on this classic tale? It’s also a great way to capture your children reading and share it with family members that may be in different parts of the country or world. Tell us how you plan to share the new version of How The Grinch Stole Christmas! digital book app at email@example.com.
We hope your holiday season is filled with all the joy in Who-ville! Merry Grinchmas!