Twitter Party: Generation App

Join Oceanhouse Media for our first in a series of Twitter parties to discuss the world of children’s digital book apps! This Wednesday, April 20th, 4pm PST.

Recently, there’s been a lot of buzz about this new generation of children’s books. The good, the not so good, and the wouldn’t it be cool if… So let’s keep this conversation going. We want to hear from you! Share your experiences using digital book apps with your kids! Which interactive features do you value most? Do certain interactive features distract children or engage them? What is a good balance? What do you think is lost or gained in transitioning children’s books from print to digital?

Generation App” is all about how our kids are interacting with these classic stories in a new medium. Touch screen devices are rapidly finding their way into the hands of children, both at home and in the classroom. Let’s talk about what this means for our new generation of readers and how we can help them get the most out of this technology. Join Oceanhouse Media as we explore the world of digital reading through the eyes of Generation App!

Generation App Twitter Party Details:
Who: Everyone is welcome!
What: A thoughtful discussion of children’s digital book apps
Where: Twitter! (Use Tweetdeck, Tweetgrid, Tweetchat, Hootsuite etc.)
When: Wednesday, April 20th, 4pm PST
Hashtag: Follow and post with #OMappchat

Follow Oceanhouse Media on Twitter @Oceanhousemedia

See you at the party!… Did I mention we’ll be giving away promo codes? Including some for this week’s new app release!

RSVP below with your Twitter username!

Don’t know what a Twitter Party is? Check out Tweeparties.com for an overview!

12 Responses to “Twitter Party: Generation App”

1. Johanna says:

See you tomorrow! My twitter name is kuuki1

2. Dale Jones says:

On my calendar.
    See you tomorrow!

3. Cindy Paul says:

My twitter name is @plumbelieve. Thanks for the invite.

4. @lovinmomma8 says:

@lovinmomma8 hoping to come!

5. mmarianmuffins is looking forward to it!

6. 77sparx says:

@77sparx. See you there!

7. Dear Oceanhouse Media,

I enjoy the collaborative process. Your topic is one of great interest for me personally and professionally. I support your work as does my company. I would love to attend your twitter party to add to the discussion, but I am teaching a school staff about the Math CCSSI model and working on aligning their math curriculum until 530 today.

However, my children enjoy your apps! My daughter had a hard time utilizing traditional books and flashcards to sound out words. As a mastered educator, with most of my educational background be rooted in phonics and reading, this concerned me. My husband and I downloaded a few of your apps and within a week, her dendrites were firing and she was making connections between the sounds and words. No kidding, it was a teachable moment for this old teacher!

I am fortunate to be able to travel and work in schools across the United States and I see the need for us to maintain paper books but to also embrace technology in ways never imagined as learning tools. Your “Generation App” is cutting edge and speaks to the 21st Century student. If we are to move forward and truly differentiate our instruction, we as educators need to embrace these advancements. I personally and professionally applaud your efforts on behave of our children, our future!

I wish you a productive and informative meeting. Please share dialogue and let inform me where to go to get it.

May we continue to seek knowledge in all things,
    Denise

8. David ferrandino says:

My alarm is set. I wouldn’t miss the twitter party for the world

9. Desiree says:

I’ll be there– @WeeShare

10. I am very interested and will be participating this evening under the twitter
    name of MaggeeB. See you shortly!

11. Maxine says:

@maxinebosko I’ll be there.

12. Dale Jones says:

I found it to be a very interesting session.
    I think Moms With Apps had the most right-on comments – i.e., parental involvement is the key to reading ability development.